12 September 2018

So You Had a Bad Day

Hey, fam! It’s been awhile since I posted here and so much has changed. From being part of my dream company to losing my dream job and now finding my way again, it’s been a roller coaster ride and there are days when I really doubt myself and struggle with a lot of questions. Why me? Why now? What’s next? I know this is very common especially for people my age and sometimes, it takes a lot of effort just to make yourself feel better. I listed below some things that can help you cope everyday.


1. Eat your comfort food.
I’m putting this on the top of this list because—fight me—food makes everything better. Go ahead, buy sushi from your go-to restaurant (you can never go wrong with Japanese food) or get some of that matcha cake you’ve been craving for weeks now (I personally don’t understand the hype over matcha but to each his own). If all else fails, at least you’re not hungry!





A post shared by Nikki (@nikkihillbilly) on

2. Give up tomorrow.
I absolutely LOVE this advice. This is the title of a 2008 documentary of a person wrongfully imprisoned but still stays hopeful. Every time you feel like giving up, keep doing what you’re doing and just give up tomorrow!


3. Read a devotional.
Before you complain about this post being too spiritual or Christian-y for your taste, try reading a plan from the YouVersion app first. I only started using the app last year because I thought reading a devotion was the most boring thing in the world. It’s a big help knowing that when you use the app, you have the option to choose a topic—be it about love, work, purpose, or depression. You’ll be surprised to find that there are really funny writers who can be very entertaining. It will only take you 10-15 minutes to read your daily devotional. That’s just one percent of your entire day!


You can get the app for free on App Store or on Google Play.

4. Listen to some music.
I’m more of a mainstream music kind of girl and I always find comfort in listening to music from the 2000s. Aside from food, Britney Spears makes the world feel like a better place. LOL but seriously, I have a playlist on Spotify that I keep on loop whenever I feel down. I’m sharing this hoping that it will touch at least one life (also, Christian rap can be very relaxing).


5. Talk to someone you trust and let it all out.
I know it’s hard to find someone but with billions of people in this world, do you really think no one will take time to listen to you? You can always send me a message if you feel like talking. I can let you rant on and on! Then again, do you know who you can talk to anytime, anywhere when you feel like there’s no one else? God. I’m telling you: knowing that He is always available when you need Him and that you don’t have to do or pay anything just to talk to Him is one of the best feelings in the world.

I hope the list would help you feel better in one way or another! I would love to hear what you do to deal with everyday stress. Send me your thoughts!

Here’s to hoping it won’t take more than a year to publish another blog post...

No comments:

Post a Comment